At some point in time, everyone has gotten stuck. Stuck in the mud, stuck in the snow, stuck in a situation we want out of. For us passion driven entrepreneurs, it’s often stuck on an idea we love that’s struggling to become a reality.
As those of you who follow me know, the past few months have been pretty rough on me. I’ve been stuck. But I did find a way to work through it, and I want to share my process with all of you. This episode is a special Intrepid Entrepreneur Solocast, but it’s also an audio training on how to get unstuck.
I’ve devised a five step process to help you open your mind to new approaches and re-evaluate your strategy. Being too comfortable can get in the way of making amazing changes! It’s about doing what you love, failing forward, and focusing on the process.
I’m also sharing some books, resources, and quotes that have helped me work through this un-sticking process, and start to rethink my game plan for Intrepid. You’ll want to take a look.
These are tested strategies specific to passion driven entrepreneurs. So what are you stuck on? Get ready to try something new!
Bravery in Business Quote
“For me, getting unstuck means re-aligning with my founder’s vision again and trusting it.” – Kristin Carpenter-Ogden
(click to tweet)
- Getting stuck as a passion driven entrepreneur is different from getting stuck as a Silicon-Valley-Esque, quick flip entrepreneur. For passion driven entrepreneurs, getting unstuck means re-aligning with your founder’s vision and trusting it.
- In self-evaluation, ego will get in the way of progress and change. To get unstuck, you have to be open-minded and really honest about what is happening in your business. Don’t prioritize staying comfortable.
- When trying to come up with a new game plan, look at and acknowledge your concerns regarding change, and then put them aside. Don’t let your worries get in the way of progress.
- Prioritize client’s needs and concerns over your own. Be committed to serving the needs of your clients more than your own.
- Feeling bad about yourself or your company will keep you stuck. Work on getting your mindset in a healthier, more positive place.
- Focus on the process and the task at hand not the end goal. Break everything down into steps that you can do today, right now, and to the best of your ability. Follow the process and not the prize.
5 Strategies to Get Unstuck As A Passion Driven Founder
- Take a break! Give yourself permission to do something you love, and get your mind off your business.
- When you come back, be honest with yourself. Are you sticking with things that are only “okay” because they’re more comfortable? What changes could be happening that aren’t because you’re afraid?
- Make a new, short, game plan for what you can do differently now. Try at least two new and different approaches. Don’t be afraid to fail forward.
- Be kind to yourself. Don’t kick yourself when you’re down.
- When you’re stuck, look at this process, and focus on doing it, and doing it exceptionally well. Don’t focus on what
“Sometimes we spin our wheels to stay safe.” – Kristin Carpenter-Ogden
(click to tweet)
Habit for Success
Most importantly, recognize when you are stuck, and focus on putting the processes in place that will get you out of that place.
Ryan Holiday Books: